COVID-19 VACCINATION - NEWS & UPDATES
NHS COVID PASS
If you're aged 16 or over*, you can get a digital NHS COVID Pass for travel. People under 16 may need to show a negative test result.
Please see the NHS page below for more information on how to get a digital NHS Covid Pass
*The practice can issue a letter confirming the vaccination status of patients aged under 16. Please contact the practice for more details.
RECORDING VACCINES GIVEN OVERSEAS
If you have received one or more of your coronavirus vaccinations abroad then please follow the link below to book an appointment to have these recorded in QR code format in your NHS Covid pass on the app.
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR YOUR VACCINATION
If you are thinking about or due to have your COVID vaccination we thought you might like some more information about the vaccination and what to expect so here are a few useful links to You Tube videos’
- What to expect when coming to get your vaccine: https://youtu.be/sIRWQ-l6gmw
- Getting your vaccine so we can go back to normal: https://youtu.be/UCTVLpd-r_o
- Feeling nervous about getting your vaccine: https://youtu.be/4VuoLUru3WM
- Concerns about fertility and the vaccine: https://youtu.be/oF_9un0ugAw
- Safety of the vaccine and the programme: https://youtu.be/H15nxwV3Hmw
- Concerns related to the speed of the vaccine development: https://youtu.be/A9N94N7DdnA
CHANGES TO PRACTICE WORKING
In order to support General Practice in delivering this programme, NHS England and the CCG have issued clear guidance on creating capacity by focussing only on urgent work and certain key areas. It also means we may have to de-prioritise non urgent work and cancel non-urgent appointments at short notice. We would like to reassure you that as always, we will continue to offer urgent care throughout this time. We are going to suspend our e consultation option for this week.
Additionally, you will be used to receiving invites for health reviews. However certain reviews (Asthma, Hypertension, Coronary Heart Disease, TIA/Strokes and Heart failure) will be temporarily stopped for the next 4 months. Please do not be alarmed if you do not receive your expected invite for review - we will instead be focussing on delivering COVID vaccinations. Once this delivery has been completed, we aim to catch up on reviews and monitoring bloods that have been deferred or cancelled.
As you can appreciate, the landscape is changing very quickly and our priority remains the care of our patients whilst delivering this programme. Thank you for your patience and support.
COVID-19 Immunisation FAQ's
Healthier Together (our local NHS Integrated Care System made up of all Bristol, South Glos and NS GPs) has produced an excellent FAQ resource providing up to date information about the local vaccination program. Please click on the link below for further information.
Published: Dec 2, 2021
INDEX - Covid-19
- Coronavirus Vaccinations
- Coronavirus Vaccination Scams
- Advice for Parents of Unwell Children
- Children & Coronavirus
- Covid-19 Testing
- Covid-19 Signposting
- Face Mask Exemption
- Get Ready for a Telephone Consultation
- Helplines & Advice
- Info for at Risk Patients
- Local Service Directory
- Principle Covid-19 Clinical Trial
- Sickness & Self-isolation
- Sirona (Single Point of Access)
- Support Hub for Older People
- The Right Place for Medical Care
- Video Consultations
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.